Friday, December 18, 2015

North Coast Media holiday party

Left to right, Brian, Adro, Marty and Jeff at Hofbrauhaus.My designer,
the Indomitable Pete, is in the background in green.
We had a blast at the North Coast Media holiday party this last week. 

Yes, Adrianne made the trip with me to Cleveland. I was celebrating 5 years with the company, and she hadn't seen our headquarters yet... I convinced her it was a good time to come up and check it out, meet all my co-workers, and see what a REAL holiday party looked like.

Adro's new NCM BFF is Karey, who is a kindred spirit in that she's also an accountant,
and doesn't understand how I can be so bad at submitting expense reports.
I think Adro had a great time. I thought she would. And the most commonly asked question I heard that evening from my male co-workers, was something akin to, "How's a dumbass like you end up with a hottie like that?"

Kevin (CEO), Rick (retired sales guy) and me.

We also went out to a nice dinner on the first night, the CEO hosted me, my publisher (Pat), LM's publisher (Bill) and all our wives. It was a fun dinner, great steaks and too much red wine. Adro proclaimed it was the best meal she's ever had (and that's what I proclaim every time I eat at Red in Beachwood, Ohio — place is amazing.)

Before we left we took a quick spin around the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame, then a flight back home. Adrianne enjoyed Cleveland and I loved having her there with me. We agreed that the next time we bring the kids, and check out some of the outdoor fun, like East 4th Street and an Indians game (preferably against the Royals) at the Jake.

No comments: