Sunday, December 6, 2015

Evey's epic 9th birthday party

We have wrapped up Evey's birthday weekend, and WHEW! Was it a big one!

Special thanks to Adro, who made the whole thing happen, and along with Evey... the two were amazing party planners!

We started off at Laugh Out Loud, with somewhere between 7 and 700 kids we were responsible for (OK, it was 8 kids, I think, that were on our watch.) LOL was good, but also stressful at times... I snapped at two kids, but I also made a few friends when I bounced my 206 pounds up and down on the air bubble, possibly breaking it (sorry LOL).

After we left LOL it was girls-only for a sleepover party at our house. We had 19 girls sleepover... it was Evey, Ava, Adira, Bella, Regan, Ryleigh... Abby. OK, maybe it was 7 girls. It's a blur.

I learned a lot about how some kids consume candy, their sleeping peccadilloes, their manners, etc. And I was at times impressed by little girls who said please and thank you.

And I also stepped in chewed bubble gum within 5 minutes of being back in the basement after everyone left. (Evey, who turns 9, still doesn't chew bubblegum, by her own choice. Jeez, we're spoiled.)
 


OK, I'm being dramatic. It was clearly a group of good girls — how else to explain everyone getting along, and then asleep by midnight? Adrianne reported that a few of the girls even volunteered to help her make the beds, and that many brushed their teeth without being asked. (I quit popping in on the girls after a while because I'm pretty sure at least one of them was a little afraid of me.) 
So, will we ever do that again?

(Shakes Evey's new Magic 8-Ball) 

All signs point to "NO."

No comments: