Monday, December 7, 2015

Happy 9th birthday Evey!


Today was Evey's 9th birthday, so we took her wherever she wanted to go for dinner to celebrate. Like Boydee, she chose our favorite place, Tres Mexicanos.

We left Eudora a little early because I needed to return all of the WOW! Cable boxes (we switched to DirecTV today, the first day of a two-year commitment.) My hands were full, so I asked Evey to carry my keys and lock the door behind us. I showed which key was the house key abd how to hold it (teeth up).

She started walking in front of me. Wearing black boots, a cool blue coat my mom got her, a fun color-it-yourself book bag Grandma Judy got her, and with the sound effect of the jangling car keys... she looked like a teenager heading to her own car. Oh wow!

But then she struggled locking the door with me holding that pile of stuff, bringing me back to reality a little. Good!


No comments: