Monday, December 21, 2015

Boyd's first KU game

Took place this Saturday! And we did have fun... even though, after the pre-game introductions, Boyd said to me, "Dad... this was a bad idea."

He enjoyed the halftime dunkers... and the popcorn... and he did watch for a little bit...

But yeah, overall he probably wasn't ready for it yet. Just ask Rod and Ben, who were coincidentally sitting three seats down from us... or an old college friend, who was sitting right in front of us...

My college friend told me at halftime that he brought his boy (similarly aged) recently, and that they made it the whole game... but that it wasn't much fun.

Part of the reason I wanted to get going was because B.J. was rubbing his eyes... I could tell he was tired. No sense in fighting it, I figured. 

Adrianne rescued us, and picked us up midway between Allen and West Coast Saloon... where I left the truck.

(I think Boyd's favorite part of the game might have been the bus ride to the game... all good. One of these days, his favorite part of the game might be the Rock Chalk Chant... or taking his girlfriend to the game... or throwing a big dunk down in the face of some punk from Iowa State...)

For the record, we made it through the first half. We'll try again, someday.


No comments: