Sunday, January 19, 2014

Weekend of 1.18.14

Another shot from this summer, this one from the T-Bones game...

Good weekend here.

I got home from a 5-day business trip on Thursday night, so it was good to get home and see everyone.

Since Evey was so good all week, I took her to Sunfire Ceramics. We were there for two hours! I brought a book and read (Breaker Boys, about an old NFL team.) Following that, we went and met up at Tres Mexicanos with Mom, Boydee and Judy, and had dinner. That night I watched Kevin Durant score a career high (54?) against the Warriors.

Saturday we had another basketball game. It was the closest game we've had all season, losing 14-6. We took a lot of shots, but didn't make a bucket until the 3rd quarter. Evey had maybe one rebound. She led the game in most minutes played without touching the ball. Following hoops I took Evey with me to the barbershop AND Rick's, where we played some Buckhunter. We took off to meet Greg Nunn at Phoggy Dog. From there, Adrianne took Evey with her while I returned to Rick's to watch the KU/OSU game. Back home in time for dinner/bath time, then Adrianne and I watched "This is the End" with Seth Rogan, James Franco and Jonah Hill... it was decent, I laughed a few times. Most surprisingly, Adrianne watched the whole movie with me.

Sunday we went to church, then Panera (pphhhtthbbtttt) for breakfast. Adro and Evey went to volunteer (nice job!) Boydee and Judy went to the farm (cool!) while I went to help Neuty move some furniture (not bad!) Lunch with Neuty (he generously bought) at Jack's, then I came home and took the Christmas lights down, finally. It was nice out, so I didn't mind going out there. Then I came in and watched the Broncos game, where I'm reporting live now (it's the 4th quarter, looks like the Donkeys have this one.)

Random moment of the weekend: I somehow put my back out at Panera. I'm just standing there, ready to leave, and all of a sudden it started sparking and I had to grab hold of a chair.

I was able to get though moving some furniture, and through taking the lights down... but I can tell I'm going to be weak for a day or so... 

Looking forward to Big Monday tomorrow night!

No comments: