Tuesday, November 26, 2013

You were the LIQUID PAPER

Happy birthday, Neuty! Glad we had a good showing tonight for your b-day... Bart, Hendo, Heathman, me and you. Seriously, at our age, that's a PARTY.

Sadly, we wrapped up the festivities by 10:15 pm. I was home and at work by 10:30 p.m. I'm clocking out now.

The magazine is due on Monday, Dec. 2nd, but I'm flying that day. The Golfdom Summit program is due tomorrow. Expense reports are due on Wednesday. 

BUT I'M NOT STRESSED.

I saw an amazing shooting star in the north sky tonight. I had just taken out the recycling at about 6:45, maybe 7 p.m. Turned around, and I saw this huge streak in the sky. It was so close, so brilliant, I could see the fire from the meteor breaking apart. Did anyone else see it? Pretty stunning.

Mom is doing OK. Still in a lot of pain. Tough to see the finish line when you're in a lot of pain.

 Check out this Harvey Danger song, and this Harvey Danger concert (above). This is a very tight band, and also literary. I enjoy the band's high-brow lyrics.


I saw them in concert once, when I was really young... maybe 20. The lead singer misjudged his forward-roll on the stage, and kicked me in the stomach.

The photo is of Bub playing with his Arkham Asylum playset.

True story: Evey's never seen the Jayhawk football team lose. Click here for details:  http://especiallyevey.blogspot.com/2008/09/rock-chalk-64-impala.html
 
"I tend to forget when I drink... I'm doing it again I think."

No comments: