Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Boydee the Jenga champion


Evey and I were playing Spider-Man Jenga (really, it's a Spider-Man version) last night before Mom and Boydee got home. We were nervously pulling each block... it took two minutes every turn...

And then Adro and Boyd get home. Boyd walks right up to the Jenga blocks, and pulls three blocks out. Put them right on top. Took him 30 seconds. Didn't even make the tower twitch!

It's possible we have a Jenga savant here at the Jones house...

***

Evey looked good in Kung-Fu class today. She hadn't been in a few weeks, so she was a but hesitant on some of the moves, but she did well, from what I watched.

***

Finally got a phone call on the Z. Showing it to a guy tomorrow. Finger's crossed!

***

I keep track of my workouts on my iPhone. Today was my first appearance in the gym since May 22nd... I almost went six months to the day without hitting the weight room!

I still play hoops on Sundays (when we get enough guys) and mowing the lawn is a little bit of a workout. So I haven't been a total lazy-ass. But yeah, I'm hopeful to be less of a stranger at the rec center.

***

I'm coaching Evey's basketball team. Our coach's meeting is this Saturday. We're having a draft for the players!

I don't know many of the kids in Eudora, other than the kids whom I've coached at soccer. But I'm looking forward to the draft. It'll be a lot like my fantasy football draft, I'm assuming. I'm bringing a 12-pack, I'm gonna heckle people when they make picks I don't like, I'm going to do a shot when we get to the midway point, and when the draft is over, I'm going to start ranting about how my last pick was the "steal of the draft!"

It's going to be a GREAT season.

No comments: