Sunday, November 10, 2013

Great November weekend

Wow, we had a great weekend here. I hope your weekend was as awesome as ours.

It started off by (mostly) putting the November issue of Golfdom to bed during work on Friday. Only the TOC and cover remain for tomorrow morning... about 30 minutes of work, max.

Friday night our family met the Mosher family out for dinner at Tres Mexicanas (or Tres Amigos, as I like to call it.) Brandon was my assistant coach for soccer for three seasons. I think this last season might be the end of our soccer coaching careers for now, as neither Evey nor Landon seems interested to play more soccer.

I wanted to treat their family since in Eudora, if you head coach, your kid gets to play for free. Assistant coach still has to pay. That didn't seem fair to me, since Brandon did as much for the team as I did (OK, much less yelling on Brandon's part) so I wanted to treat as a thank you for his help over the last year-and-a-half. (See, it pays to be friendly to me -- you get a $20 dinner FOR FREE every other year.)

After the dinner we hustled home and I got to watch the Jayhawks hoop in the peace of my home. This team is going to get whipped by Duke on Tuesday. And clearly, Piper and Armstrong have drank the Wiggins Kool-Aid. But yet it is great to be able to watch KU hoops again. I love college basketball.

Saturday morning I made breakfast for the family. Jonesy scramble, color-by-numbers style. I cook everything separately so Adro and Evey don't have to freak out about there being onions in their food. And by the way, I NAILED the breakfast potatoes. So good.

Then Evey and I went to Lawrence so I could get a haircut. Last time I got my haircut was when I was in Philly, and that guy butchered my head. So it felt good to get back to my normal cut. Then Evey and I went to Hastings and Cork and Barrell. A fresh keg was purchased for Dad, two new Junie B. Jones books were purchased for Evey.

Got home in time for Adro and Boyd's nap. So I started working on the yard. Took full advantage of the nice weather and cleaned up the yard one last time before winter sets in. The front and back are looking good, mostly due to the wife's landscaping and gardening.

Recorded the Sporting KC game. Watched it. A 0-0 tie is almost a win.

Saturday night I grabbed some beers with Ted Bokern, who I haven't hung out with since, we figured it out: game six of the NBA finals. That was the game when Ray Allen knocked down that huge step-back three to steal the game from San Antonio. Literally one of the most exciting NBA games I've seen in several seasons.

Woke up Sunday morning with a level-two hangover (level three, as you know, is the worst level.) And Adrianne took it easy on me and let me sleep in as she got the kids ready for work. I'm telling you: I'm living right these days, my friends.

Shook off the cobwebs after waking up at 10 a.m. Sunday morning. Got ready for some NFL football. Dinked around the house all day. Family was home by 12:30. Boyd took a 3-hour nap (see: living right.) Caught up on some laundry. But mostly relaxed.

I think I'm ready for Monday!

No comments: