Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Where Have All the Merrymakers Gone?

It's Monday night, and finally, I'm kickin' it at the computer in the wee hours of the night.

A photo from way back in 2009, at Dad's funeral.
Work brought me down here, but an email to my wife (re: potential trip to my birthplace, Wheatfield, Ind.) made me look back at some blog posts in the Fall of 2009, when my Dad fell ill and when he passed.

Damn, I used to tell some STORIES on this blog. I read some stuff, and I didn't even remember these stories until I read them.

And guess what, moron (Seth)? THAT'S THE POINT. Chronicle your kids, tell cute stories of them growing up, and if someone (you) wants to read it in the meanwhile, fine.

But don't let if fall by the wayside. That's not cool. Especially to Boydee. Evey had a blog dedicated to her and her only for pretty much four years, then the train derailed, you took a new job, and poor Boydee hardly gets a mention here except for once in a while. I think I had four blog posts in the month of June 2012? That sucks. Dammit.

I thought about renaming the blog "Especially Evey; Barely Boydee" but that title -- though accurate -- pisses me off. Still, I need to incorporate my son into the title here somehow. "Barely Boydee" would be apt, sadly. But I'll come up with something better.

To get me back in the mood of blogging more regularly, I'm going to declare July 2012 "Harvey Danger Month." I think Harvey Danger is one of the most underrated bands of the 90s. Great songwriting, catchy tunes. Sad I only saw them once.

This post is entitled a Harvey Danger album, not a track. But I have 29 more days to celebrate... the what, 30 songs HD ever released on vinyl?

Photo for this post stolen from http://www.boydedwardjones.blogspot.com/ where I was cruising around today.

***

Boydee is not crawling yet. He only rolls. He'll roll to and fro. We'll occasionally play the game with him... "Come here, Boydee! Want the binky? The toy? Sissy? Crawl to her!!!" And instead he'll roll to her. He does well with his rolling. He uses his giant noggin to his advantage.

Not a big deal, right? Until we saw Spencer Rockhold (son of John and Jess, brother of Amelia) WALKING at Asher Heiman's birthday party this weekend. Holy shit, Asher walks?!? Boyd only rolls?

I would say the pressure is on Boydee right now. But honestly, I'm too distracted buying $1.04 Burger King chicken sandwiches to concentrate on Boydee's crawling. We'll postpone this goal to next week.

***

Sad Sweetheart of the Rodeo video. Awesome.



***

Boydee gets a great deal of pleasure shaking his head "no." I think he kind of knows what it means, but even better is that we all have a good time when he does it. He smiles real hard, sticks out those lower two teeth, and vigorously shakes his head "NO!"

He does it on-demand. Just say, "Boydee?" and then start shaking your head "no." You'll then be ensconced in a shake-your-head "no" party for about 5 minutes. Good times.

***

Boydee has his two lower teeth, and that's it, right now.

But his upper gums look like they're about to erupt with teeth. I think his left front tooth might even be peeking out right now.

It can't be fun, and he is drooling a lot right now.

Of course, his dad drools a lot, too.

***

Our sand volleyball team is now 12-0 on the season. It's been a while since we've been a winner. We have four weeks left. I hope we can hang on.

***

Time to go to bed. More this month... I hope.





No comments: