Friday, July 20, 2012

Anyone who knows me knows I'm not gritty


So, some details about Boyd's crawling...

He first crawled at Elvira's on Wednesday. The girls picked him up, and Elvira excitedly told them he crawled for the first time. But he wouldn't repeat the feat there at the moment, so they were left in suspense.

He came home and we were excited to see what he could do... however, we could not persuade him to crawl any... until...

THE REMOTE CONTROL!

My son covets the remote control. He loves to grab it and push the buttons, then chew on it. It's maybe his favorite thing aside from his Momma, his Sissy, and Steve Ditko Spider-Man comic books.

So I took the remote control and tossed it about four feet in front of his face.

He wasted no time -- he crawled right for it!

We repeated this over and over, putting the remote control in different spots around the living room.

Each time he hustled to get the remote, would grab it, then roll on his back to enjoy button-pushing and remote-chewing.

One time he turned the volume all the way up, then flipped it to the music channels, which are 50% louder than normal channels. I was downstairs grabbing the camera, and I about shit my pants at this moment. I think he turned it to the '80s channel, so it really was an awful sound coming from our TV.

But yeah, CRAWLING!!! Don't worry, I have the whole thing on high-def video!

That's my boy!

No comments: