Monday, June 13, 2011

So proud of Evey

This weekend was Evey's recital from her dance class... she performed in front of about 300 people on both Saturday and Sunday night along with the other six kids in her class... and she nailed it two nights in a row!

She looked so cute in her costume... all yellow with a miner's helmet (they danced to the 'heigh-ho' seven dwarfs song, "it's off to work we go...") I'll have photos from the event soon (photography from parents was frowned upon, my one cell phone photo is really crappy.)

It was weird sitting there waiting for my daughter to come out from behind a curtain... for 30 minutes I was bored, agitated, disgruntled, but keeping on a happy face... then for two minutes I was thrilled... then back to angry at the world that I was spending my weekend and my money at the Eudora High School auditorium (the whole show was around two hours long, and varied greatly in quality and cuteness, depending on if your kid was or wasn't involved in the performance.)

But, seriously... Evey nailed it. On Saturday, she was a little delayed getting into the routine, but once she got going she was awesome. On Sunday, she almost lost her helmet, but it stayed on her head... she was the second tallest girl on the stage at the time, and her lankiness made me smile. She really stretched those arms and legs out.

My very favorite part of her performance was when she'd lean over and hold her hand to her ear (imagine Hulk Hogan pumping up the crowd.) I don't know why, but she did this one move especially well compared to her almost-as-talented colleagues on stage.

GREAT JOB EVEY! WE'RE SO PROUD OF YOU!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hulkamaniacs!!! WAY TO GO EVEY!!!