Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day



I had an awesome father's day weekend!

My girls got me some great stuff. Highlights include some new adidas (which I really wanted/needed... I neglect to buy myself clothes, as is evidenced by proudly wearing my 1998 Aquabats T-shirt like it looks good) and the ESPN "30 for 30" series on Biu-Ray.Hot damn!

We went after the yard on Saturday morning and got a ton done. Started at 8:30 a.m., done by 1 p.m. Then I got the slip and slide out and me and Evey got crazy. Afterward I called a mandatory trip to Peking Taste, so we went. And something about that visit to Peking was just... perfect. Evey loves the place, as do I, it was 95 degrees out, and we're throwing down buffet. Good times.

Saturday night I played with the jukebox. Swapped out 20 CDs. Also, watched V for Vendetta.

That night, I dreamed about my Dad. The dream wasn't a very good one. Me and Dad were at a karaoke party together. I wanted to sing a song that would please the older crowd... but I didn't know many of the songs that were in the book. Eventually I decided to sing an Eagles song, but the one they played for me wasn't the one I picked, nor did I know the song. So I bombed it.

Why was I at a karaoke party with my Dad? No idea. You might guess that me and Dad never hit a karaoke party while he was living... the mind is a strange place. Perhaps the dream was about trying to please my Dad? That seems like the obvious place my mind was going.

Sunday, we took it easy all day. Grilled some dogs and brats while I admired the yard. Evey has definitely been a daddy's girl all weekend. We played a lot of Uno and "tree frog" over the weekend. She also refused to take a nap on Sunday, until she came downstairs and cuddled with me while I watched the U.S. Open... she was out in 5 minutes... and I was content to lay there and watch the blowout win.

A great father's day weekend. Thank you, girls!

No comments: