Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pumpkin tipping; worst restaurants of 2009



Here's a video from October of Evey. She's, uh, pumpkin tipping, I guess? You'd have to ask her. I don't get it. When we show it to her now and ask her what she was doing, she tells us she was getting her hands dirty. That'a girl!

"Worst Restaurants" is too bold for this list. After all, Yellow Sub is not on this list. Instead, let's call this, "Restaurants I believe are on the decline."
Shall we?

4. Vermont Street BBQ: Well, let's see... they closed down. For no good reason. Apparently the owner wanted to do something else. Which is fine, but... couldn't he have gotten someone else to run it for him? OK, sorry, I loved that place, and the owner can do whatever he wants. For my own selfish reasons, I'm mad they closed down.

3. Peking Taste: I know, I used to love the place, and I'd go there frequently with my GCSAA lunch crew (of which I'm the only one who still works there now -- an end to that tradition!) the thing is, I don't seem to be able to handle the ensuing calorie overload very well anymore. It's still good food, yeah, but it's like an all-night bender -- I'm having fun at the moment, but the hangover is going to make me rethink that fun the next day.

2. Jefferson's: The food is still good but the place is literally falling apart. You sit in the booths and it seems like it's being held together on a shoestring. In fact, if there is a couple sitting behind you, whoever leans back first will about knock over the opposite couple. And the paper menus are disgusting... they're falling apart, being held together with tape. But, there is some good news -- Adro told me the women's restroom has been improved. But, seriously, the owner needs to put some money into this place.

1. Quinton's: Man, this used to be the best sandwich in town. My theory is this -- they've gotten cheap on us. It used to be they'd load a sandwich up. Now, it's 85% bread. This is a crime. Quinton's is a shadow of its former self.

Restaurants on the decline? Got any more for me? Don't be shy...

***

Hey, how much snow we getting tomorrow? And how much worse can my driveway possibly get?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember when we would meet at Quinton's for lunch now and then! I loved Quinton's for lunch -- sandwich, spicy chips and a six-gallon Diet Dr Pepper. That's the stuff. Sad to hear their glory days are behind them.

Commodore Lerve said...

Always got to jab the Yellow Sub. Or is it Yello Sub. I've had an identity crisis there on what the real name is for a long time.

I went to Quinton's and Peking when I was back last, both still seemed to be in good form. Although you're right on both assessments. I did eat at Bambino's as well, I know Neuty loves them, but it just wasn't as good as what I remebered from previous visits.

Pumpkin patch video brought back some good memories!

Hendren said...

I'm think your assesment of Peking is out of line. Just because you made yourself sick by eating 29 bar-b-qued random meat on a stick one to many times! WOW! You think you know a guy.

Seth said...

CJ: I remember those visits too! They still have the 6-gallon drinks, but they've gotten cheap-o on their sammiches, sadly...

Lerv: Yello Sub, Yellow Sub -- spell it however you want to, it will always suck getting handed a dirty 9 of diamonds and waiting 30 minutes for a hippie to make a mediocre sandwich!

Hendren: I said the food was still good! I just don't enjoy the gut-bomb! You really expect me to restrain myself at a buffet?!?