Sunday, January 10, 2010

Movies I saw in 2009


Tennessee fans wanted to storm the court after beating Kansas, but they were afraid some of their players might be carrying guns.


Have you seen those commercials where the two guys are in the library eating extra value meals? The one guy has a comically small cheeseburger and French fries, the other guy has a nice cheeseburger and fries. The guy with the lesser meal points at it and whispers, “$2.99.” The guy with the good meal points at his meal and also says “$2.99.”

Adro likes that commercial. She mentioned it to me while we were eating cheeseburgers. So we started to jokingly do that to each other.

Now, Evey has picked it up. We laugh every time. We’re eating dinner – doesn’t matter what – and Evey will point to it and whisper, “$2.99.”

OK, these aren’t my “best of” movies from 2009… these are all the movies I saw in 2009, ranked from worst to best. I’ll give an under-20 word review for each one:

11. Up – Too damn depressing. I’ll never watch that movie again, unlike most other Pixar films.
10. Monsters Vs. Aliens – Ugly, non-likable characters.
9. Princess and the Frog – I fell asleep, but the animation, setting was good. Evey loved it.
8. Hangover – Overhyped. Still had funny parts, though.
7. Madagascar 2 – Decent cartoon, actually. The most tolerable Ben Stiller role I can think of.
6. District 9 – The end saved it… I hoped for better, though. A few gaping holes doomed it.
5. G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra – Not bad! I liked Destro and Cobra Commander. The Joes could have been cast better, especially Duke.
4. X-Men Origins: Wolverine – They tried hard. I respect that.
3. Star Trek – I never like Star Trek villains. Fun pic, tho. Spock and Kirk were great.
2. Watchmen – Amazing adaption. Actually, better than the graphic novel, can you believe that? The movie has a much better ending than the GN.
1. Public Enemy – Last time I’d hang out with my Dad as just two regular guys. ‘Nuff said.

There were a lot of movies I wanted to see but missed. I’m sure I’ll catch up with them on DVD.

1 comment:

Kendall said...

Grey does the EXACT SAME thing with the $2.99 thing. Weird!