Monday, January 18, 2010

Foggy, not spooky

I'm ready for this snow to all melt away. Then I can drive the Camaro again. I haven't fired the engine on the Z since mid-December. Haven't needed to. But I will need it on Friday. So it's about time to wake up, Z. Glad the weather is warming up -- as you can see, I didn't do much to rid the driveway of snow.

Isn't it weird, all this fog we've had? And it's thick. And all day long.

Whenever we leave in the morning, Adro says, "Ooh, it's spooky!" And Evey says, "No, it's not spooky -- it's foggy."

One thing I realize is that I have gotten really terrible at documenting Evey's development here on the blog. I started out doing well. I charted her height, how many signs she knew, when she crawled, walked, etc. But then, the kid gets bigger, and things don't surprise you as much anymore. You look over there and Evey is doing long division. Or programming the DVR to record "Dora." And you just go, "Hmph."

So it was without any hullabaloo here on the blog that Evey became potty trained. Indeed, this happened before Christmas, but this is my first mention of it. But it's really nice, not throwing out diapers anymore. Now if I could just get Evey to flush every time.

No comments: