Friday, July 31, 2009

Update on my dad


Well, they just took my dad into pre-op.

A week ago they discovered a "mass" on his brain. We've been dealing with it as best we can. Everyone, especially my mom and dad, are holding up pretty well.

They're going to remove a piece of this mass and perform a biopsy on it. That will tell us our next steps. It will take one week to get the results back on this biopsy.

The mass cannot be removed, it's in too sensitive of an area.

Thank you to everyone who has called or emailed their support and prayers. If this is the first you're hearing about this, sorry if I hadn't managed to tell you person-to-person yet. As you can imagine, it's been a hectic/confusing couple of days.

My dad still has his great sense of humor, so that is encouraging.

I feel like I haven't brushed my teeth in three days. And I've gotten 4 hours of sleep the last two nights in a row.

Anyway, hoping for good news to share soon.

No comments: