Monday, June 29, 2009

Bob the Barber


Question: What is the most refreshing drink in the world?

It's hot out, you're parched. You finally get to sit down with a drink. You can have any drink in the world.
What do you choose?

Adro said "water." That's obviously hard to argue. I love water. I drink a ton while I'm at work everyday.

Other super-refreshing drinks, in my opinion: root beer float (sans the ice cream) and a well-made Route 44 cherry limeade from Sonic. (the limeade is always a risk, though, because those always vary in flavor)

What do you find most refreshing? I'm interested. Post your choice in the comments section!

Quick story about Bob the Barber:

Adro, Judy and Evey are at Kohl's on Sunday. Adro is trying on clothes while Evey and Judy wait. Outside the dressing room, an older gent by the name of Bob strikes up a conversation with Judy and Evey.

Turns out that Bob is a barber. "I cut lots of kids' hair," he told Judy. Judy told Bob that her son-in-law cut Evey's hair. "He did a great job!" he told her, surprised that an amateur hooked it up. (This photo is pre-haircut, btw.)

Bob tries to guess Evey's age. He guesses age 4. Judy tells him 2-and-a-half. He's shocked. Bob's wife comes out of the dressing room. "How old do you think this little girl is?" he asks her. "I'd say she's Tyler's age -- about 4?" "She's only 2!"

Evey and Judy say goodbye to Bob and his wife as they go on.

After Adro finishes with the dressing room, the girls leave to pay. On the way to the cashier, they run into Bob, his wife, and their friends. Bob stops the girls, and asks his friends how old they think Evey is.

"About 4?" The woman guesses. "She's only 2!" Bob exclaims.

Of course, Evey was just eating all this attention up, I'm told.

Between all the attention she got at Kohl's, and all the attention she got at the Fiesta... it's going to get easier cutting her hair, because her head is going to get big!

(Groan...)

3 comments:

Kendall said...

My most refreshing drink choice is a toss up between the sonic limeade and a well made tom collins!

tsweeten said...

most refreshing drink? hmmm, depends on the situation. A cold glass of iced tea (no sugar) suffices me for most days (it's what I get at sonic every morning...I'm there so much, they don't even ask me what I'm ordering, I just pull up and they tell me how much it is). On a late afternoon, grilling on my new grill (read my blog!), it would be a beer. Late night party would have to be a crown and coke.

Hey, if the editing job goes belly up, you know you have a future in cutting hair (you know I would hire you to work in my salon)

mar said...

Water, especially if it's room-temperature. Easy to drink and it goes down easy. Best to drink as much as possible since it's also probably hot out. Water is awesome. My favorite drink.