Sunday, June 21, 2009

Bee girl

Happy Father's Day!

I had a great one. Got a new grill and a string-trimmer from Adro and Evey. Also, Judy got me a Best Buy gift card. Thank you girls!

Finally getting back into the swing of things after a few days on the road. I might have to tell the story of getting stuck in Chicago sometime, but not right now -- I don't want to relive that day so soon.

Cute things Evey did recently:

I tell Evey stories every once in a while before bedtime. Well, the other day, as I was drying her off after her bath, she told me a story. It went like this...

Once upon a time, far far away. Girl, Evey Jones, and her name was Daddy. Live in a castle. The end!

Not bad for her first story, I'd say!

Evey can reach the light switches now, so she likes showing off that talent.

Adro tried to teach Evey a "happy father's day!" song today. It involved the tambourine and some singing. They practiced it, and then it was time for the performance. But when they sang it for me, Evey made a last-second lyrics change... she sang "I love papa!" rather than "I love daddy!" Papa is my dad, Boyd. So Adro tried to get Evey to sing "I love daddy!" but she was happy with the "I love papa!" song. After she got done with it, I told her I'm sure Papa would have enjoyed it. Oh well!

Photo is of Evey showing off her bee tattoo...

No comments: