Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Art project


So, I have another creative project going on right now... besides the blog. And writing for Pulp Legacy. And CBR. And making short films. And the Play-doh sculptures. And freestyle rap.


I'm drawing a comic book.


Well, I draw many comic books. But this is my most, uh, ambitious project yet. Because it's a 22-pager. And because I'm actually sorta trying to make the art look decent. And because I really, really like this story.


I'm 9 pages into the project right now. My goal is to have the comic done in the next 28 days. Why? Because I want to have it done in time to take it to San Diego Comic-Con. And show it to people who will surely laugh at me and crush my spirits.


The story, in a nutshell: The comic is about a pop singer who decides it's time to escape the country and his fame. He hires his bodyguard, Gator, to help him get across the Mexican border unnoticed. Back home, in his place, he leaves a high-tech robot clone of himself to fill in for him. And, hopefully, hilarity ensues in both places.


Oh, also, there's a drunken, gun-toting gambling addict chimpanzee in the story.


So, I've been trying to dedicate the late evening hours, after the girls have gone to bed, to my comic. But I only hit the drawing board a few times a week, but I really try to get busy on weekends. I didn't get anything done last week or weekend since I was travelling most of the time.


These next few weeks, I need to put the pedal to the metal, so, if you want to, you can encourage me and tell me you're looking forward to reading my comic in four weeks, when I complete it. And I'll try to live up to my expectation of getting this thing done in that much time.


Photo is of me and Evey working on our respective art projects -- me on my comic, Evey on her coloring book. (About five minutes after this photo was taken, Evey reached over with her yellow crayon and put a nice mark on top of Gator's head, making her dad about pass out.)

No comments: