Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Giant Elmo!


Evey got a TON of gifts in December, not just from her amazing Christmas but also from a couple of awesome birthday parties -- and thanks to everyone who got her a gift, sent her a card, or just wished her a happy day (and we're trying to get thank-you cards out in the mail too, I swear).


Check out this gift from Noni (my mom): a GIANT ELMO.


This was like the coup de grace from my mom at my sister's house, where we celebrated Christmas on the Saturday before the 25th. Both Evey and her cousin Marina got a GIANT ELMO. I'm serious, GIANT ELMO is so big, I have to declare another dependent on my taxes. GIANT ELMO recently asked to borrow the car. GIANT ELMO would aready have his Ph.D., except he can't get through the damn dissertation.

GIANT ELMO is about 5 feet tall. He could easily swallow Evey's head if he ever became animated and turned into EVIL GIANT ELMO. In fact, I believe an attempt on swallowing Evey's head has already been made, as demonstrated by the first photo in this post.

Anyway, accompanying this post are some photos of Evey opening GIANT ELMO, and her subsequent freak-out. Evey loves GIANT ELMO, and it's pretty funny to see her wrestling with the giant furball.





  • Tough game for the 'Hawks tonight. We knew that Siena team was going to be tough. Like the Richmond game a few seasons ago. A good win for the 'Hawks, I think they could have let that lead slip away, but they held on.

  • Time is flying by. I can't believe that we're one game away from Big 12 conference play. I'm still reveling in my 2008 championship glory; I can't think about 2009 conference play yet.

  • Elvira is back from Mexico, and she brought back a few gifts for Evey... primarily, matching uni and shorts of both Chivas and America soccer clubs. The Torres family likes to chide me because I'm an America fan, while they're Chivas fanatics... so they got Evey both teams. I'll post photos once it gets warm enough for her to wear them.

1 comment:

Kendall said...

Giant Elmo is awesome. We should get one for Grey in lieu of another sibling....