Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Evey's inbox


I got this email from my friend Carrie the other day, regarding her son Leo and his reaction to our Christmas card:


"I just sent you a Facebook invite, and that reminded me -- I still haven't written to tell you the story of Leo's reaction to your Christmas card! We hang up all our Christmas cards, and we had a stack to hang up one afternoon. Leo was holding them for me and handing them to me one by one. Yours was just about the last one he handed over, and when he looked at it, he said, "That girl sad." I said, "Yes, she is. That's your friend Evey." And Leo picked up the card and kissed the picture of little Evey. "Feel better!" he said.

"Two-year-olds just kill me, man. They're awesome.

"Hope all is well with you and your girls. Things here in Wichita are great. Take care and happy new year!"

No comments: