Sunday, January 18, 2009

All the kids are right


Best commercial today:

"How can you watch nine hours of football?!?"

"Skip the afternoon game!"

Photo of Evey and her cousins, Marina and Jett, in her tent. Uncle Seth was kicked out of the tent for what the kids claimed were "stinky feet."

Ahh, the kids. So youthful, so innocent.

So unable to tell the difference between feet smell and fart smell.

I started a new art project today. I'm going to try to draw a 22-page comic book. I got the pencils done on the first two pages today. A pretty good start. I'm giving myself all year to complete this project. If it goes amazingly well early, I'll try to draw all three issues, for 66 pages total. That's a stretch goal, for sure. Twenty-two, that's the goal, for now. (I drew a 12-page comic in two months last year.)

Had things gone differently, I'd be in England right now. I was bummed for a little bit, but then I had the BEST WEEKEND EVER, and felt much better.

My wife bought me a liquor cabinet. I didn't know I needed one. But now that I have one, I wonder: How did I ever make it without one? Someday I'll post a photo of it, it's pretty awesome. (Thanks, Neuty, for helping me pick it up and get it in the house!)

A couple birthdays came this week/end: Marlan, Travis, Greg (30!). Happy birthday to all.

I could start working on a project right now -- it's only 9:45 and I have tomorrow off. But I'm feeling a little lazy.

Have a great Monday. I plan on working on my comic tomorrow, and having my first beer by about 12:45 p.m. I'd like to draw... 4 pages tomorrow. We'll see.

I hope your week goes swimmingly.

Cheers.

1 comment:

mar said...

I didn't know you had wished me a happy birthday here. Thanks a lot.