Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Watching NBA semi-finals...




Ahh, it's fun to watch Kobe.

You know, I haven't been to work since last Friday? It's been a nice run of not going to the office (although, technically I did go to my office on Monday night to finish a story so they'd have it on Tuesday morning).

I'm watching the L.A./San Antonio game tonight. Three opinions: 1. Kobe is the best player of basketball on the planet at this time, 2. Popovich is the best coach in the NBA, he just has an old team right now, 3. Doug Collins is a great color man. I'd like to have a beer with him someday, I bet he has some great basketball stories.

Oh, game came back on, be right back...

OK, I'm back. Brent Barry just hit his fourth three of the game. Aren't we due for some more Barry offspring in the NBA by now? I'm talking Rick Barry's grandsons. Wouldn't they be getting to NBA age by now? Brent has to be 38, 39, right?

I want to call my dad or Solo with these thoughts, but I think it's too late to call them... so I'll blog them to myself.

Game came back on, crap!

Oooh, I just saw my first "The Dark Knight" preview on TV.

It's a 2-point game. Oberto was just jawing at Rony Turiaf. If I was Turiaf, I'd tell Oberto, "Dude, I've got a goat's heart, and I've still got more rebounds than you this series!" (It was his heart, right? And was it a goat heart, or like an emu heart? Doug Collins would know...)

Collins just said Barry was 36. I think he shaved a couple years as a favor.

Marv Albert still creeps me out, btw. ("YES!")

Oh, game on...

88-79 L.A, Pop just took a T.O. This Spurs team looks like so many KU NCAA teams under Roy Williams, where every player is just playing tight, or tired. You know individually, they're all way better than this, but collectively, they just look like dog crap.

Speaking of dog crap, I have to watch my language now. Turns out Evey dropped an, "Oh, shit." on Adrianne. Whoops. In my own defense, I lived for three years with Will Baxter, it was imperative that I learn his language. Now, I need to clean up my language, because my little girl is parroting everything we say.

Prediction: Kansas City gets an NBA team. And I can't afford to go to many games. And Michael Finley is the coach.

GAMe ON...

OK, so on the last play... there should have been a foul called on Derek Fisher -- a two-shot, non-shooting foul. That call was missed, obviously. It was not in the act of shooting, though, so ne three free throws like Marv suggested.

But, hey -- deal with it. Barry got the ball wide-open to begin with, then he put himself in a compromised situation. There was no good look to be had after that dribble.

Btw, that was not a goaltend on Lamar Odom. That was a clean block. So the refs blew one for the Lakers, too. (At the worst, it was a foul, and send him to the line... but no goaltend.)

Wow... I wasted an entire post blabbing about the Lakers game. Sorry. Wish I could bury some worthwhile nugget at the end of the post here, to reward the one person who read to the end... but I got nothing. Nothing at all.

At least I have a few good, new Evey photos, eh?

No comments: