Monday, February 11, 2008

The Rooster


I was going to dub this post, "Flock of Seagulls," but then I Googled that name, and saw that not one of those jerks had a haircut that came close to this... so we're going with "The Rooster."
Alice in Chains songs are way cooler anyway...
OK, bummer about the KU game tonight. Someone tell the guards that there's time left to impress us; they don't have to drive against three guys every play to impress me.
I know the Lawrence Journal-World covers KU basketball ad nauseam, but does that mean they need all those... (looking for a word better than 'g*y'...) pretentious... studio photos for their coverage? I'd take game photos any day.
It's cold out. It really is.
There was another shooting at the Last Call in Lawrence Saturday night (Sunday morning). It's too bad this business can't contain its customers, and somehow keep them from shooting at each other. I would advise them to allow less Maker's Mark whiskey through the door, because that stuff really does make you angry. And people wonder why there was a 15-year-old there... well, they don't serve alcohol anymore, their liquor license was taken away. No liquor license, now they can have minors in there at all hours of the night. Maybe the Last Call is really an angry daycare now, for all I know.
Regardless, it's a shame to see people shooting guns at each other in Lawrence.
Last thought before I sign off for the night... check out that meat paw on Evelyn. Yeah, I know, the crazy hair is distracting. But the really crazy thing is the size of that hand. This girl will probably dunk, just like her daddy*.
(*She'll probably dunk like her daddy, except for the part where she falls and breaks her arm.)
((By the way, the spell check function on blogger doesn't work anymore, so hopefully I spelled such words as 'nauseam' and 'liquor' correctly... that's what I hpe, at leats.))

No comments: