Monday, February 4, 2008

1 fish, 2 fish


This was our third and last ride at Universal's Island of Adventure. Here's how it broke down for Evey:
Merry-Go-Round -- Loved watching it the most. Riding it was OK, a little unusual... but she had a smile on her face.
The Flying Fishys -- She was a little bit spooked, but she did OK. While she wasn't laughing, she wasn't crying either. (We're sitting in the fish on the third photo in the previous post.)
The Cat in the Hat -- This was a tilt-a-whirl crossed with a narrative. As the car drove down a track, occasionally spinning, we saw The Cat in the Hat scenes pop out from displays on the walls. I did my best to laugh at everything I saw, to try to imply to Evey, "This is funny, so we're having fun." But really, it was a little too much for Evey. (We're about to begin the ride in the above photo.) Did she cry? Squirm? Frown? No. But I'm pretty sure the look she gave us at the conclusion of the ride meant "What the hell was THAT shit?" Me and Adro were glad to get off this ride, that's for sure. I don't think Evey was itching to get back in line, either. As our car pulled off to begin the ride, a father saw me and he leaned over and told me in a panicked voice, "You need to hold her! It's going to spin!" I was already holding on to her, but now I had her in a vise-grip... we were rigourously spun around right off the bat. Like I said, no tears or anything, but I'm pretty sure Evey would have enjoyed watching the Merry-go-Round for another couple spins rather than going on spins herself.
Oh, and the Spider-Man ride? It was AWESOME. The girls let me go by myself on that one. WOW. You wear 3-D glasses. I don't know how they do it, but you really feel like the car you're in is flying around 100 stories in the air, and then you're dropped. And Spidey and all the villains keep ending up on the hood of your car, and you'd swear one of them is going to reach out and touch you. Great, great ride.

No comments: