Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Happy birthday, Mom!




We celebrated my Mom's birthday Sunday in Emporia. Got to see my sister and her family, and of course my Mom and Dad. Got my Mum the Magic Bullet for her birthday. Not the one that killed Kennedy, this Magic Bullet is a mixer/blender of some sort. And apparently, it's a big deal.

I didn't get my Mom a birthday card, even though she loves birthday cards. Just forgot to grab one... and besides, I've decided they're not environmentally friendly. We've taken a no-card policy here in the Jones household. Instead, Adrianne made these cool gift tags with a design on them, and we write, 'happy birthday Mom!' (or 'Happy Flag Day!') on it.

But here's what I would have wrote had I gotten my Mom a card:

Dear Mom,

In 2006, I gained a wife and a daughter. Both beautiful, both the love of my life. But there will always be the one who taught me how to love, the original woman in my life -- you, my Mother. Thank you for your love and your wisdom, and thank you for loving your new granddaughter and your new daughter-in-law as much as you love your own son.

Love,

Son

P.S. Please don't try to kill anyone with the Magic Bullet, the Kennedys have suffered enough.

2 comments:

Trish said...

Hooray!! The magic Bullet!! Eric and I registered for that much to his dismay. I wanna hear if it actually works.

That would have made a very cute card.

Neuty and Trish said...

Wow...I'm screwed now, thanks Jonesy. I read this post and thought "man, I sure hope Trish doesn't see this" and sure enough, she's the first to leave a comment on it. Lemme tell you, if you've ever wanted to pull a Big Love and take Trish for your second wife, she'd leave me in a cocaine heartbeat for a Magic Bullet.