Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Born with a silver spoon in her mouth? Sorry, no.


Here's Evey, at the Neuteboom's (Eric and Trish) 'couples shower.'
They received a silver spoon from Eric's mom, I believe. Apparently this is a tradition of some sort (Eric/Trish, care to comment?). Anyway, the spoon gets passed around, and when it gets to Evey -- yup, something good and shiny to stick in her mouth. And I bet the silver felt good on those teeth coming in, eh?
Got several cute photos of this. Hard to choose just one. This is the one I'll go with, for now.

2 comments:

Neuty and Trish said...

That was actually late Grandma Heidi Neuteboom's baby spoon. Man, that things gotta be 80, 90 years old, minimum. I'm not necessarily sure of the significance, but Libby (Trish's Aunt who hosted the party) said it was good luck. It was adorable how much Evey enjoyed it. I'm sure it brought a smile to Grandma's face.

mar said...

What is a "couples shower"?