Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Happy big 3-oh, Jeffy!



Jeff Heiman turned 30 recently.

We celebrated by taking Jeff to the Legends, where we ate lunch at Dave & Busters, watched the U-20 USA Soccer game, played video games (pictured, Rockhold and Jeff blow up Aliens), then went to see Transformers (pretty good!) and finally returned to his place where there was a surprise birthday party set up by his lovely wife Kendall. The party was catered by Granddaddy's BBQ and included lots of Boulevard Wheat and a Texas Hold 'Em tournament.

Of course, I won the Hold 'Em tournament (what is this, Lervik's blog?), and took home a nice bottle of wine and a macho cook book authored by some bad-ass dude, as my prizes. Eric Neuteboom took second place.

OK, can you indulge me for one story from the game? I was all in against Neuty, and it looked grim, with my king-high. He had me beat with just the flop showing. "It's OK, Neuty," I told him. "I'm going to get that king." Sure enough, on the river, up pops the king. And it was meant to be from that moment on. I busted out Jeff, then Randy, then Neuty for the win (seven players to begin). And I also won 'most inebriated' that night. But that's OK, because who's a big winner? That's right, daddy is.

So happy 30th, Jeff. And thanks, Kendall, for setting up a great party for him and his boys.

No comments: