Sunday, January 21, 2018

You have to try the buffet, Jerrrrrryyyyyy

What a weekend!

It started off with a bang. I was in Dallas on Thursday/Friday (for all of 29 hours) and landed in Kansas City Friday at 4 p.m. I hustled back home to change clothes and pick up the family because Adrianne and I had... Seinfeld tickets!
After a stressful day at work (we took the magazine to press)
on Wednesday, Boyd and I got haircuts, then we all went to
Set Em Up Jacks for dinner and some video games.

We dropped the kids off at Aunt Jessica's house (thanks Sis!) and hustled over to the Midland. Good thing we got there early too, because our VIP lounge passes and our tickets were... NO GOOD! The scanner said they had already been scanned. That was not a good feeling obviously, and had me stressed out.

We called our Midland pal (Travis) and he came down and resolved everything for us immediately... so we got where we needed to get, with only a small delay...

The Bokerns, Ted and Heather, joined us for the show. We had GREAT seats... 8th row, left. (One of these days I should write about our membership with the Midland... it's pretty awesome, really impressed.) Jerry was great and performed for a little over an hour. He had an opener who was on for about 15 minutes or so. Between the seats, the good company, the venue and of course the headliner... I'd give the whole thing a 10.

Ted and I snuck away for a brief moment to reload our drinks, Adrianne says I missed perhaps the funniest 10 minutes of the set. But that's all good, because I wouldn't want the drinks to be dry during a comedy set.

After the show, we went over to Johnny's and reminisced about the show, the best parts, surprises, etc. Everyone was hungry, ("When are we going to get FOOD!?!?" was one of Jerry's jokes) and I could have crushed some beers there but we needed to get the kids and get home.

The kids had a blast at Aunt Jessica's. Boyd learned about Minecraft (and now has it on his Kindle... but wants to delete it.) And they also ate some potato soup, my mom's recipe, courtesy of my sister, and loved it... and now I just texted Adrianne, asking her, "Did I remember to get the potato soup out of the Tucson?!?"

Saturday was a blurry, hazy, lazy, hectic day. Saturday morning we did a whole lot of nothing. Then we started watching this show about news events, and the science behind them. It was kind of interesting. I went downstairs to grab something, and I hollered upstairs, "We should be watching this downstairs!!!" (Bigger TV, we had the beds pulled out for the Abasolos — who cancelled last minute — might as well take advantage of the comfort!) We ended up watching this show for about two hours, kind of napping and just chilling. I kind of needed it after going to press on Wednesday, going to Dallas for 29 hours, then running around to see the Seinfeld show.

Evey had a sleepover on Saturday night at her best friend's house, Ryan. Then I headed out to the KU game, I had a media pass (thank you Lawrence Magazine.) I stayed late at the game (for the assignment) so I didn't get home until late.

Boyd had just fallen asleep when I got home... Adro was happy they had a productive afternoon/evening, doing laundry, playing games, etc. I relaxed with Adrianne for a little bit then we all went to bed.

A great weekend... with Jerry Seinfeld the huge highlight of the weekend.

1 comment:

Grandma Judy said...

What a pic! Boyd is funny!