Wednesday, January 31, 2018

A super blue blood moon kinda day

I walked outside at 6:30 to check out the super blue blood moon. And yes, I quickly did it in my underwear. I wasn't going to get all dressed that early if it was cloudy outside.

I admired the super blue blood moon for about 5 seconds when my neighbor walked into his kitchen. It was still dark outside, so I just jumped indoors real quick... I think unseen.

At that moment the moon looked pretty cool. It was bright and it was going into eclipse.

So at 6:50 I came back out... this time, dressed. A good thing, because when I walked out on to my back porch the neighbor was standing on her back deck, and I startled her. We chatted briefly. The super blue blood moon was in total eclipse now... and it wasn't as cool. Could barely see it. I let Evey sleep longer. It was too faint.

Still, kind of cool. A once-in-150 years type deal.

***

Relatable to the super blue blood moon (I must just like typing it) is how rare it is for both my wife and my MIL to be away from home at the same time. And while I'm doing fine... I don't like it. I miss these ladies. Even if they're just upstairs while I'm downstairs, or whatever... it's comforting to have them here.

Judy returns to Lawrence soon, I think. Which will be good. Because I don't think Evey likes being the only girl...

(On a related note, Adrianne is happy that Judy is out of town, because now, for the first time ever, I'm really on my own with the kids. I made it to age 40. Not bad! And I haven't lost a kid yet.)

***

Made refried beans today. The kids had bean and cheese burritos when they got home, in a new meal we call "first dinner."

It's like an after-school snack, but it's better.

***

Gotta go. Me and the kids are going to the Shadow Gallery. We're going to do an online workout video.

Oh yeah!

1 comment:

Grandma Judy said...

Seth you're doing great!