Wednesday, January 3, 2018

It's 2018

 Hola amigos. Sorry I've been quiet for a while.

2017 had a disjointed ending for me... I went to Cleveland to NCM HQ the week before Christmas... so I went straight from Omaha to Cleveland. I got back on Friday 12/22 and called my sister to let her know I was back in Kansas (a tradition leftover from when I'd call my mom not when I left, but when I returned, so she wouldn't worry about me.)

Jess told me, "OK, great, we'll see you tomorrow!" I said, "Oh? What's going on tomorrow?" She said, "Uhh... isn't it Romero Christmas at Lupe's house?" I went, "Oh, shit!"

I just wasn't mentally prepared to have Christmas so soon. That week away really disoriented me. Omaha, Cleveland, then BOOM! Christmas. Off for a long holiday break.

Also, I got a new phone (an iPhone 8) and I haven't connected it to my work email yet. Often times I email photos from my phone and then go in and write around the photo on my laptop. But I've been unable to email photos with the new phone... so you get these three random, non-current photos from my laptop that I've probably posted to the blog before... but at least they're photos taken in warmer weather.

Things are good, though! We all had a great Christmas and a nice and quiet New Year's Eve. The kids go back to school tomorrow. Boyd is excited, Evey is not.

Aww, man... I was three posts away from 100 in 2017 before I went quiet there. Boo!!! Choked at the end of the year. 

I'll try to do better this year...



No comments: