Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Jonesy's Jukebox, circa 2015

Noteworthy: CD 3 and 4 had Boyd confused, thinking that was my leg on CD 4. "Dad, why are you wearing those shoes?" "Well, never in public, son..." CD 11, "Eudora Kansas" is a mainstay and will never leave that jukebox... unless we move from Eudora.
I just came across theses photos... wanted to post them before they got lost forever. 

This is what I had in the jukebox for most of 2015. The theme was mostly, "random stuff" and less "my favorite bands ever." 

Also of note, I moved the jukebox into my new office for much of the year. It's back in the downstairs living room, now.

Lot of mix CDs here, "best of" and what not, just to mix it up in the jukebox. Evey's mad I took out Ghostbusters. Songs from KU remains, for game days... 

Favorite here is the photo of Boyd and Snickers, on the Beastie Boys album. I didn't listen to that "songs that inspired Led Zepp" CD much. Yes, that's Limp Bizkit. 

Lot of Pearl Jam in the juke back then. A rare (for me) Nirvana CD made the juke.

Pretty good page here. That Elliott Smith tribute album is great. Miss that Self CD.

Another good page, with TOOL, White Stripes, Kanye and Femmes. Can't complain. You'll notice the lower lamp was burnt out last year, my pal Copy Jesus showed me how to fix it (there was a part that needed replacement, not just the bulb!)

Missing a lot of album art, that drives me crazy. Soundgarden remains at CD 78. 

Good to have some Thorogood in the juke. Beck's Odelay and Radiohead's OK Computer are two of my all-times, I did remove them both. That Sonic Youth CD was fun, now I have Goo in there. Interpol's self-titled album, which I kind of forgot about. And of course Queens of the Stone Age! Another great page, minus the missing artwork.

Mad Season, Starsailor, Toadies and Snatch soundtrack. If you made it this far back in the jukebox... safe to say you were REWARDED.

No comments: