Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Young comic reader

A couple notes about Evey and comic books;

I took Evey to KC Planet Comicon a few weekends ago. She had a blast! She Dressed up as Spider-Girl for the convention, and also met the legendary comic artist Neal Adams. She bought a few 33 cent Superman comics, the Fantastic Four DVD, and a Scooby Doo comic. (I got Mr. Adams to sign my Superman Vs. Muhammad Ali comic!)

On the drive home, I got this shot over my shoulder. She was flipping through the comics, checking out the art, making Dad proud. That's my girl!

Another story: yesterday afternoon Evey spotted an old 1960s Aquaman comic in my spinner rack. Great funky cover by Jim Aparo. She tries to get it out, but it's too high for her to reach.

I'm at work, at my computer downstairs, so she creeps over next to me. "Dad, can I look at that comic?" She politely asks me.

I couldn't help but smile. Sure thing Evey! She sat on the couch downstairs and carefully looked over each page. So cute!

No comments: