Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Deep-sea fishing


In the Gulf of Mexico.

That's a Red Grouper, one of five I caught that day.

Good times!

***

Bubba is doing well. He's starting to say more, especially the word "No!"

His "please" sounds like "pees!" and his "Evey!" sounds like "Evey!" So cute.

He is really into books now. There's one book we've been reading him a lot -- Evey has it memorized already -- where the little boy gets tickled at the end of the book. Boydee sees it coming every time, and is already giggling in anticipation of the tickle attack he's about to get when that page comes up.

It's fun for everyone involved, I must say.

It's cool that he's already digging on books. Both our kids like books, hopefully that keeps up.

***

Evey told me last night, as she was trying to go to bed, that she loved me and she loved Bubba (mom was at the gym,) She then decided to spell out the order for me.

"Dad, I love Bubba the most, then mom, then you. Unless Bubba has scratched me, then I love mom the most, then you, then Bubba."

Wow, thanks, Evey.

Whatever.

***

Looks like, if everything goes well, I'll be pulling the trigger on tickets for Lollapalooza tomorrow. We're just doing Friday and Sunday, since Saturday is kind of weak, line-up wise. We've decided to hit a Cubs game on Saturday (they're playing the Dodgers.)

So, again, you've been forewarned. Come join me. Don't be mad when I'm telling you how awesome Queens of the Stone Age were, when you could have just been there with me!

Special thanks to Adro for letting me travel the world (literally) this year. I'll have to do a little extra around the house to make up for a weekend away rocking out at a music festival with friends, but overall she's cool with it.

That's a cool chick I married, man, I'm telling you. It's OK to be jealous.

***

Been fighting a little cold. I think it hits whenever the weather goes from crappy to nice. Hopefully that's the case. I'm ready for good weather.

***

The Radiohead album just ended, so that means it's time to go to bed.

No comments: