Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Evey's fall from the monkey bars

(100% copies from an email just sent to my co-workers)

What a weird afternoon!

Evey was pretty upset when I got to school. I've never seen her that bothered by an injury before… like she was scared. I decided to take her on in to the doctor.

It took FOREVER to see the doctor. I explained to the front desk that Evey was in a lot of pain, etc., but this didn't get her any special treatment. (Sadly, her normal doctor/nurses have the day off on Wednesday, so we were without any friends this day!) I finally asked if I should just take her to the emergency room, and they finally took her back!

Another room, another wait. Finally the doctor came and saw her. By now, I was pretty sure it was nothing (Evey wasn't crying as much), and I was ready to leave. The doctor looks at it, and in the most monotone voice ever says, "That looks broken." I'm like, "Are you kidding me?" So he has her go back for X-rays.

End of the story: no clear break from the X-ray, but he's worried that she did some damage to some calcium plate in her elbow… so he has her in a sling now, and no physical activity for 7 to 10 days. Then we go for another X-ray to see how it's doing.

What a day! Poor Evey! She has now sworn off the monkey bars, forever.

-Seth

No comments: