Sunday, March 17, 2013

Bakin' cookies; dream of Grandpa Romero


The girls made cookies a few weekends ago. They were awesome! Buttery.

Evey likes to pretend that she's on a cooking show. She's in charge, and Adro is the helper.

Evey does well... she likes cracking eggs. Adro tells me this last time, Evelyn pretty much did the whole thing herself.

I'm looking forward to the day that Evey is added to the rotation of cooking dinner for the family.

***

Full disclosure: I'm seriously considering going to Lollapalooza this year. So, once they announce the line-up, if you like it... you know someone who will be there. Heck, you know someone who will buy a few rounds of Miller Lite tall boys!

So if you like the line-up, buy the tix! Don't get mad at me in October when you find out I went this year. I warned you all I was going back in March!

***

I had a dream about Adrianne's grandpa Ramon the other day. It went like this:

I'm at the house with the kids. Front door is open. There's a freak ice storm outside. I see Neuty drive by and get stuck in his truck right outside my house. He comes up to the front door to ask for me to help push him out. I tell him I can't; I'm by myself with the kids.

So Neuty comes inside the house. It's Saturday morning in my dream (maybe a Sunday morning, probably during football season). Me and Neuty decide to start drinking. We're drinking hard stuff (usually we drink beer.) 

Doorbell rings. It's Ramon. I'm shocked to see him (I don't realize he's passed away in my dream, but I know this is highly unusual at the same time.) I invite him in. He walks into my kitchen and looks around. I'm trying to chit-chat with him, but he's mostly ignoring me. So I shout at him. I decide he's mostly deaf, and that's why he can't hear me. I ask him if he'd like some breakfast, and he nods. So I start whipping up scrambled eggs, sausage, breakfast potatoes, etc., for Ramon and Neuty and the kids.

Ramon disappears. I look around for him, and find him, asleep on the couch, holding Boyd, who is also napping. And this gives me a feeling of happiness.

Strange that Ramon crept into a dream. Even stranger that Neuty crept into my dream (I can't stand that guy.) Don't know what sparked that. But cool to see him and Boydee together, even if it was just in my mind's eye.

No comments: