Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Meeting Asher, and all kinds of awesome



The Jones family had the privilege of meeting Asher Heiman recently. Evey even got to hold him, which really excited her.

We kept asking Evey if she could believe we'd soon have a baby boy the same size in our family. She'd smile. She so doesn't know what she's getting into. ...neither do I.

Asher's a real sweetheart. It's cool that the Heimans just had a son, and the Rockholds are also expecting around the same time as us. This could be a formidable group of Jayhawks in about 19 years.

***

Evey fell asleep on my chest the other day, enabling me to turn the channel to the old sci-fi movie "Forbidden Planet" on TCM, a movie I'd somehow never seen before. I looked over at Adro, then looked down at Evey. I whispered to Adro, "Just think... here in a few weeks, it'll be even numbers... instead of 2-on-1, it'll be 2-on-2!"

Adro looked over the top of her glasses at me and said, "More like 3-on-1."

***

Someone smelled something in the living room tonight. I don't think it was me, but I've learned that I don't have to be cognizant of it to be guilty of it.

"Dad farted," Evey told Adro.

"I did not!" I said.

"Mom, he did. I saw the smoke come out of his butt."

***

Me and Evey went outside to do some yard work a few days ago. My garden looks like hell... I had to pull out some serious weeds. Frustrating.

Anyway, I had Evey watering some plants. She ended up playing in the hose. Then she needed to go to the bathroom, so I sent her inside.

While she was inside, she changed out of her wet clothes. She was chatting with Adrianne.

"Mom," Evey asked Adrianne, "When am I going to be awesome, like Daddy?"

***

Want to get a free hat, and donate $1 to charity? Click over to www.golfdom.com/iuow and vote for your favorite film. They're all short films based on water conservation. It would be much appreciated!

No comments: