Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Air Hogs






My Mom bought Evey and I an "Air Hog" recently. We took it out to test it this weekend.

I asked Adrianne to come out with the camera because I figured either me or Evey was going to get hurt. Somewhat surprisingly (based on these photos) it was Evey.

I thought the Air Hog would fly down the street. That's what I was prepared for. Turns out it BOOMERANGS and does a loopty-loop right in front of your face. Don't I look tough trying to avoid taking one in the nose?

Turns out this thing was a blast. Evey isn't big enough to throw it yet, but she would try, and then giggle every time I chucked it and ducked it.

Don't let the one photo fool you where the Air Hog seems to be peacefully sailing around us... most times this thing went up, then right back at me. I felt the wind come off it more than once.

But then our fun ended when Evey tripped and scuffed her knee. I was going to string-trim a few spots in the yard while Evey played with the Air Hog and had pulled out the extension cord. She got tripped up by the cord. Dangit!

Still, a good time, and we'll get it out again. I figured it'd disintegrate after a few wrecks, but it held up pretty well.

I really like the first photo. It reminds me of a photo my sister and Dad would have taken back in the mid-70s. I'm wearing a sleeveless shirt (classy!) and Evey's hair is wild and she's dressed like, well, a little kid. I think this will be a photo I'll cherish for a long time. Someday, I'll show it to Evey and say, "This was right before your little brother came along and started hogging all the attention!" Thanks to Adro for coming outside and shooting a few pics!

2 comments:

Kendall said...

I totally want one of those. Also, LOVE Evey's t-shirt. Where did you guys get that shirt?

Seth said...

Adro tells me that the shirt came from the sidewalk sale!