Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Good pic of me and Grandma and Grandpa




This photo is from a few years ago.

Quick Grandpa Nick story:

My sister just got this shiny new red Dodge Daytona... I'm telling you, this was a hot shit car back in 1987. And my sister was appropriately proud of her new wheels (her previous car was a junker Pontiac Sunbird, dull yellow, the interior was all plastic and I could carve my name pretty much anywhere in the car with a fingernail.)

She parked her car across the street from Grandpa and Grandma's house. Grandpa had this huge conversion van. We had friends coming in town from Indiana to visit...

Grandpa had to run an errand, so he's backing his giant van out of the driveway. Our friends Larry and Mary arrived at the exact same time. Apparently Larry pulling up distracted my Grandpa... he kept backing up to get out of Larry's way, until... CRUNCH... Jessica's new prize got backed into.

So Sis is freaking out, Grandpa is pissed, Larry is like, "Hey, everybody... bad timing?" And Larry gets out of the car and mumbles to me, "Dammit, I saw that was about to happen, but... I didn't honk because I didn't want to give Nick a heart attack..."

And Grandpa looks at him and says, "Next time, give me the damn heart attack!"

No comments: