Thursday, April 15, 2010

My top 100 songs of all time (70-61)



Here's the key:

Rank, song, band, album, year.
Boldface denotes I’ve seen the song performed live.
70. “Hail, Hail,” Pearl Jam, No Code (1996)
69. “Orange Crush,” R.E.M., Green (1988)
68. “My Black Widow,” People in Planes, As Far As the Eye Can See (2006)
67. “Paper Dress,” Toadies, The Crow: City of Angels Soundtrack (1996)
66. “Stars,” Hum, You’d Prefer an Astronaut (1995)
65. “Nearly Lost You,” Screaming Trees, Sweet Oblivion (1992)
64. “Everyone Alive,” Local H, Whatever Happened to P.J. Soles? (2004)
63. “The Payback,” James Brown, Payback (1972)
62. “Creep” Stone Temple Pilots, Core (1993)
61. “House of Cards,” Radiohead, In Rainbows (2007)

1 comment:

Seth said...

Thoughts --

# 66, Stars, should be bolded -- I saw them live at Jayhawk MusicFest back in... 1998?

The Toadies' "Paper Dress" just drives me nuts, it's so good and so hard rocking. Can't believe that wasn't on a studio album proper. I've seen the Toadies three times now (all recently) but I've never seen them perform that song.

R.E.M.'s "Orange Crush"... this list originally had NO R.E.M. on it, whcih was a horrible mistake (thanks to my brother-in-law Mark for pointing this error out to me. Orange Crush is probably my favorite R.E.M. song, hence its position here. Other noteworthy R.E.M. songs... Pop Song, Crush with Eyeliner, I Don't Sleep I Dream (all not on the top 100).

I know this is my top 100 and we're only at the 60s, but damn, these 10 songs would make for a sweet ass rockin CD mix!