Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Seriously, we need more Mexicans


Reading this blog. Because only Gringos would have voted for La Familia!

Just kidding. It's not my favorite, though. I wouldn't put it in my top five, probably, but I do realize a lot of Grin- people... like that place.

OK. So, crazy week already. I saw Evey this evening and I said, "I dressed you in that today?" It was such a long day, it felt like yesterday that I put her in that particular yellow dress.

Likewise, I couldn't figure out why they were showing Monday Night Football on a Tuesday night last night. Me and Dad watched the game at KUMed together last night.

Yeah, it's been a long week.

Photo of Evey and her 2nd cousin (my cousin Nichol's daughter -- that right?) Sophie. She's Mexican. And she's familia. But she no te gusta La Familia!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm not Mexican, but my German grandmother loved Mexican food and turned me on to it early. Favorite ever - Casa de Tacos, now Casa de Hernandez in KCK where I grew up. They have the best sauce (not salsa) and an amazing noodle soup. You should go sometime.

I'm pretty sure I've been to every Mexican restaurant in Lawrence even some that are no longer in town and Ixtapa gets my vote. Best guac though is at El Matador.

Lisa Bland used to have me over and would make me homemade enchiladas with peas and potatoes. Good memories.

Seth said...

Confession of this half-Mexican: I don't like guacamole. I like avocado on a sandwich OK, but guacamole just makes me ill!

My Grandma Joyce used to send me home with a batch of homemade enchiladas whenever I came back to Wichita. That tradition ended now that she's older, but she can still whip up some mean enchiladas. They're so good that about ten years ago, I videotaped her making them for me, step-by-step. I need to find that casette tape somewhere, that's going to be a classic.