Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Evey's got some long hair!


Last week, I got me and Evey ready for work/daycare. After we were both showered and dressed, I decided we were both too sick to go to work/daycare. Evey had mocos (boogers) and I was dealing with some other problems (which later evolved into pink eye and a respiratory infection). So we were all dressed up with nowhere to go.


Evey is rocking her Chivas jersey. She looks so cute in it, whenever she wears it I take photos of her.


Now I download the photos, and I'm like, "Wow! Look at all that hair!"


I've been gone for five days, and she is growing so fast. Even faster when you've been away from her for a few days.


Quick Evey story: While my Dad was in intensive care following his surgery (to remove a piece of the tumor for a biopsy), we could only have two people at a time in his room. Another rule: NO CHILDREN. So the day Adrianne and Evelyn came down, we had to keep Evey entertained out in the lobby, or wherever, while the other one of us was with my Dad.


So my sister Jessica takes a turn watching Evey for us so we can both we with my Dad. Jess takes Evey to the big courtyard at Wesley Hospital. Evey thinks very highly of her Aunt Jessica (who is also her Godmother) and she was being very mindful of my Sis. Evey is, after all, an especially good girl.


So Jess and Evey are sitting together on a park bench, admiring the weather (it was unusually nice out at the time). My sister looks at Evey and says, "Evelyn, you're being such a good girl. Thank you. It's not fun to be at the hospital, but you're doing just a great job and being such a good girl."


And Evey looks back at her and says, "Thanks," with a smile. "Will you tell my Mom and Dad?"

1 comment:

Kendall said...

Great story! I mean it's not really worth it to be good if your mom and dad don't hear about it!