Monday, August 17, 2009

Fruit basket


Check out the awesome fruit basket Steve and Jan sent my Dad! Wasn't that nice? It's FRUIT... carved into the shapes of FLOWERS! We were very impressed.
I haven't said it here yet, but I guess I have to eventually. My Dad was diagnosed with brain cancer a few weeks ago.
He started the chemo and radiation last Monday. He's been doing REALLY WELL. He's a little weak, and sometimes he has a hard time finding a word (today's word we had to help him with: cottage cheese). But he's eating well, he has his sense of humor, he still likes to read the paper and watch the Sunday news programs...
My Dad, my family, we're all doing well. Thanks for your well wishes/positive vibes. No need to post any comments or anything, I know you all are rooting for my dad (in fact, comments for this post have been turned OFF!). When you see me and my Dad at Memorial Stadium this season, cheering on the Jayhawks to a Big 12 championship, just be sure and say hello to Boyd and tell him it's good to see him!