Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Thoughts on being home; a new video

Good news: while on “vacation,” Evey discovered Batman: Brave and the Bold. She knows who Batman is now, and she likes him. The show is a little violent, but she hasn’t punched me or anything yet. So for now, Evey is a Batman fan. And I’m way cool with that.

Evey has had somewhat a hard time adjusting to life back in Lawrence. She REALLY enjoyed New Orleans. And, well, think about it – she had it made there. Grandma lived in the room next door, she got to go for long walks in warm weather everyday, she had red beans and rice for lunch everyday, she was surrounded by adults who thought she was the cutest thing ever, her room had a 24-story view of downtown New Orleans, she pushed a button on an elevator whenever she wanted to leave the hotel, every meal was at a restaurant… she lived the high life. The Audubon Zoo, the Audubon Aquarium, the convention center, the French Quarter…

When she got back to our house, she cried. She was tired, yes, but I think that’s when she realized: vacation’s over. Back to work.

She’s cried each morning that we’ve taken her to Elvira’s. She’s fine after a little while. She wants to go back to the airport, though.

Sigh…

Me and Adro are loving life, being back in our own home. I’ve cooked dinner the last three nights. We’ve blown the Wheat keg. Adro loves having milk in the fridge (we kept a Styrofoam cooler in the hotel room). I love having the computer, my reading material, my TV. I’m LOVING driving the Z again. I’m racing all over Lawrence, I’ve burned a quarter-tank in just two days of driving it again.

1 comment:

Kendall said...

That video is awesome!! I love when she applauds for herself. She's very talented.