Thursday, November 13, 2008

Some Friday thought blasts


  • The Cork and Barrel story has created quite the conversation on that post. Click here to read the conversation that's gone on so far... 8 comments, I believe that may be a record! Of course, three are my own, but whatever.
  • I've posted a new poll to see what you think about the results of the Cork and Barrel debacle. For the record, the last poll had 17 voters, 10 people supporting my boycott, 6 supporting it but wanting to know more, and 1 who thought I was a crotchety old man (thanks Neuty).
  • There's been some good come out of this: I've finally learned how to spell 'barrel.' Weird, but I struggled with it. I wanted to spell it barell. I had to really commit to that second 'r' syllable bair-rel, not bair-ul. I can spell weird things like Roethlisberger no problem, but I was at M-W.com every time I had to write about C&B.
  • While we're all protesting stuff now, stay away from Jimmy John's. Why? Click here to read Neuty's hilarious adventure with those guys recently. For maximum comedic effect, start reading the second part first (look for Neuty's signature and then read down) and read the post as if you were playing the part of Neuty after a 12-pack while watching the Broncos piss away a lead. Classic.
  • TGIF. I've been tired all week. Don't know why. Probably because I haven't been working out lately.
  • City League B-Ball team won tonight. I was 0-1 from the floor with three fouls and one ugly turnover. Stellar stat line, but I didn't play too terribly. I actually had one really worthwhile foul.
  • They're saying crappy weather for the KU/UT game. Wonder how the game will be?
  • I think that's all for now. I'm rambling. Like I said, I'm tired. Remember, I'm aging faster than you, according to the hue of my hair.

No comments: