Thursday, September 4, 2008

Perfect SNL skit

I was inspired by McCain's speech tonight... inspired to draw a few cartoons!

Me and Adrianne were watching it, and we couldn't help but laugh at how bad the backgrounds were for McCain early in the speech. The green screen and the blue screen were especially bad, and so was the field of sunflowers.

I think Saturday Night Live needs to pounce on this. You have McCain, and he's giving his speech. They cut away to the crowd. Cut back, and McCain has a new background, something bad, like the green screen. Cut away to crowd. Come back to McCain, now he has something slightly more ridiculous behind him... Adro suggested a cat eating spaghetti (from Talk Soup, I guess) and that would work. So would anything crazy, like... well, like I've drawn it here.

Thank you, Republican National Convention, for inspiring me to get out the drawing pad... it's been years, probably since college, since I've drawn a political cartoon!















3 comments:

Kendall said...

I want to see an illustration of a cat eating spaghetti!! MORE cartoons!

Jason Arnett said...

Beautiful! I wish I could produce this for you!

Jocilyn Oyler said...

My favorite was when they put Walter Reed Elementary School instead of the Medical Center. Just a wee bit different.