Monday, June 4, 2007

Shocking!


Look what daddy got mommy for Mother's Day... shocking!
At least, that's the caption I'm going with for this photo right now...
Ahhh... what happened to the weekend? I had so much I wanted to get accomplished, apparently I didn't get it all done, as I have this big loser feeling right now. Did I really take a nap Sunday afternoon? Ugh!
(In my defense, it was an awesome nap. Me and Adro on the recliner part of the couch, Evey on the regular part. I had Adro in my arms, and Evey used her entire hand to hold my index finger. So cute!)
Because I don't want to write much anything right now, I'm going to tell you about my dream last night.
OK, check this out: I'm the Incredible Hulk. Hell-freaking-yeah, dude, I'm the HULK!
It's rare for me to have a superhero dream, despite all the comics I read. But last night, I was ol' Greenskin.
And apparently, there were children imprisoned. And that made Hulk wanna SMASH!
So I go to the jail, and I'm ripping bars off walls. Little kids are escaping, running, while I leave my path of destruction.
And then I go to another jail. But these guys know I'm coming, so they lock down the place.
But I'm THE HULK! (It takes me a moment to remember this in my dream. But this would actually be accurate to the character -- dumb and plodding. Anyway.) So after trying to figure out a way to get in, it dawns on me... HULK SMASH! So I smash my way in.
The problem with this was that, with all the smashing, I was allowing real convicts to escape, too. So I rounded them up and threw them back in the jail, while making sure the kids got away safely.
At the end of the dream, I end up at a cafeteria with all the kids eating lunch. My bad-ass Hulk self is sitting with the teacher, or the principal, or some school authority figure. She's thanking me for freeing all the kids. I'm pretty sure we're eating school chicken friend steak. Hulk likes.
And then... in come the police, to arrest the misunderstood Hulk.
So what do I do? What Hulk does. I trot off, and then I JUMP. Like, a three-mile jump. And I even laughed to myself... "Heh, they can't catch the Hulk."
And then, apparently, I woke up, or something. But talk about a great dream. I even got away in the end!

1 comment:

mar said...

"I'm pretty sure we're eating school chicken friend steak."

Wow. That's a pretty angry -- and hungry -- Hulk!