Friday, June 22, 2007

Pre-bedtime thoughts


I took the day off to stay home with Evey today... Elvira (who watches her during the day... pronounced el-VEE-tah) had a conflict, so I stayed home with the baby. We had an action-packed day. I'll tell you all about it later, once I download the photos (yeah, I had the camera with me all day).


In the meanwhile, random thoughts:


Is anyone watching Last Comic Standing? That's one of my favorite shows. No on-going plot, just short moments of people trying to be funny. I can appreciate that.


Why doesn't Kevin Garnett want to go to Boston? What's wrong with going to the Celts? Garnett should want to be 'anywhere but here' when it comes to Minneapolis.


That's my mum and dad holding Evey at Montana Mike's in Emporia, above. We met there on father's day.


Do you think it's weird that 'traveled' is spelled with one L?


What's your favorite word? Right now, mine is 'whimsical.'


Today was the first day of summer. It's weird, whenever the summer solstice hits, it seems like we've already been in summer for a month or so. It freaks me out to think that when Evey is my age, the first day of summer will hit after it's already felt like summer has been around for THREE YEARS or so.


The new White Stripes album... well, it pretty much kicks ass.


My golf instructor emailed me video of me hitting a golf ball today. The swing looks pretty good in the video, I'm happy to report. But there's something weird about the video: at the end of the swing, I watch the ball fly off... and then, suddenly... my head disappears from my body. Just, vanishes. Seriously. It looks like it suddenly got smashed into my body or something. It looks like a special effect. It's freaky. If you want to see it, email me and I'll forward it to you.


Keep my head down? Hell, I just want to keep my head, period.


Good night.

4 comments:

Jason Arnett said...

"Travelled" should have two els in it, but I think it's a style choice of MS Word to only use one. Then again it might be one of those darn UK spellings...

Haven't been watching much TV lately, reading instead. Just started Gore's Assault on Reason.

My favorite word right now has to be metier because of the back of the Somerset Maugham collection I'm still working through.

Summer in the future will be administrated and you'll be charged accordingly. That's our gift to our children: capitalist weather.

And I don't think I'd want to live in Boston, but then the NBA's never done much for me, so I would probably resist anything they wanted.

Trish said...

How fun that you stayed home and got a day with your beautiful girl. However, you keep promising me I get to babysit!! So when's it gonna be Jonesy???? I've got all sorts of activities planned and I need some girl time with Evey so I can tell her how much cuter Norbert is then Gray (not sure I spelled that right)

Seth said...

So it IS travelled. Thank you, Jason, I need to make note of that. Don't believe everything Spell Check tells you.

Trish, we'll definitely be calling on you this summer sometime to get some girl time with Evey. Don't be surprised if your phone is ringing soon!

mar said...

Yeah, send me the video.

Also, beware of "judgment".