Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mother's Day is here!


Hope you're all set.

I'm mostly ready. Adrianne already know her main gift... she totally stunned me when she guessed it. She asked me if she could guess, I nodded in the affirmative since I was eating at the time, and she blurted out, "Morrissey (tickets)?" And she was right. And she shocked me so much, I just looked at her, pizza sauce all over my mouth. Crazy. There was no way I could play that off.

But I have a surprise for her too, I hope.

I was telling Adrianne, we now have year-old memories of the baby. It was a little over a year ago that we found out about Baby Evey's presence. I still remember the conversation. I was standing in the media parking lot at the Wachovia Championship in Charlotte, N.C. when I got the call affirming what I couldn't believe... that I would be a dad.

Mother's Day is coming. Will we, as men, ever be "all set?" I don't think so.

That's what Moms are for.

Happy Mother's Day.

1 comment:

Trish said...

What beautiful girls!!!! Adrianne is a great Mom, I hope you spoiled her like mad yesterday.