Thursday, April 19, 2007

HOME!





























I'm typing this from home! Yaaaayyy!!!




The surgeon said Evey was doing so well that there was no reason to keep her overnight, so they let us go home. He said she was right on the bubble, her weight and her birthdate, where it was just a decision to stay or go based on how she was doing. This came as a surprise, because the last time we saw him, he did some math problem on the wax paper and said it was a rule that she had to stay the night.

And you know Evey, she doesn't like to break any rules.

Evey is doing great, thank you. Thanks for all the emails/calls/positive thoughts today.

As soon as we got home, me and Evey crashed out, we were exhausted. She's been sleeping hard since we got home. We're giving her a dose of children's Tylenol every four hours.

And then Grandma Judy came over and brought her a present! It's a swing/rainforest. Evey's in it right now, loving every minute of it. She's getting the full treatment. I think she's ready for another trip to Children's Mercy, if they're all like this.

What else? Oh, when we got to the recovery room, there was a nurse holding her. As soon as we walked in, the nurse said, "Oh no! She's so good, I don't ever want to let her go!" You can see in the photos here how happy both Adro and I were to get her back.

And see the cute little hospital gown she was wearing? Tell me you didn't say, "Awwwww!"

I told Adro this morning at 5 a.m. as we were getting everything packed and ready, "I really feel like a parent now." And then to get her home safe and sound and happy... a parenting highlight, for sure.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Yeah! I'm so glad to hear my friend is all better.
-Baby K

Commodore Lerve said...

I don't know how she could sleep with the bright orange Wichita Wings jersey on, she's certainly a talented young girl.

Have a good weekend!

Trish said...

Awwwwww!!! She looks super cute in that gown! Glad you guys are home safe and sound. She's amazing!

Neuty and Trish said...

What's the weight capacity of that swing thing? Damn that looks comfy!

Glad all is well. You guys take care,

Neuty